Auditions for the 2018 Lone Star Storytellers are are open from March 1 to May 1, 2018.
Watch one of our Lone Star Storytellers in action!
What will Lone Star Storytellers do?
Lone Star Storytellers (ages 9-18) learn, craft, and perfect a five minute spoken story. They perform these stories at various venues throughout Frisco, culminating in performances at the Lone Star Storytelling Festival on Oct. 11-13, 2018. Lone Star Storytellers share the stage with professional storytellers and may be selected to perform for thousands of students during FISD field trips to Dr. Pepper Arena.
What are the benefits to becoming a Lone Star Storyteller?
- Develop life-long public speaking skills and build confidence.
- Become part of a professional storytelling troupe and contribute to the Frisco arts community.
- Showcase your talent through performances in the Frisco community.
What is the program curriculum for students?
- Attend (with a guardian) orientation on Wednesday, August 8 from 3-4pm or 7-8:00pm (mandatory for new students).
- Complete at least seven free, one-hour coaching sessions provided by storytelling professionals on staff at the Frisco Public Library and from the Frisco community.
- Perform at one community concert held at various venues throughout Frisco.
- Perform before family and friends at mandatory dress rehearsal Monday, October 8, 2018 from 6:30-7:30 pm.
- May be selected to perform during FISD’s Field Trip Days Thursday or Friday morning, October 11-12 or…
- Perform during the Festival on Friday and/or Saturday, October 12-13, 2018.
For further assistance contact Bonnie Barber at email@example.com.